A yacht charter vacation in the British Virgin Islands is worthy of a place on anyone’s bucket list, but it is also a great way to have fun without worrying about COVID. You will travel with your immediate friends and family on a yacht that has a vaccinated crew. In addition, the yacht is always spotlessly clean. So now that you’ve determined your destination, what’s next? Here are 5 tips for a great BVI yacht vacation.
5 Tips for a Great BVI Yacht Vacation
- Start Planning Early. Since travelers are quickly realizing that traveling on a personal yacht is a great way to stay healthy, many yachts are booked way in advance. In order to secure the dates and boat that you want, it is best to start looking right away.
- Fill out the Preference Sheet. It may seem like a tedious task, however, a well-thought-out preference sheet can make a big difference in your vacation experience. Each person, including the children, should carefully think about their likes, dislikes, and dietary requirements.
- Pack (Very) Light. You’ll want to leave your formal wear, high heels, suits, and ties at home. Most days you will be in swimwear, shorts and t-shirts, and flip-flops. And, unless you are going on a large motor yacht, pack your things in a medium-size soft-sided duffel bag. There is very little storage, especially on catamarans, so bringing a hard suitcase is impractical.
- Be prepared. In addition to packing your clothing, be certain to bring enough prescription medications and over-the-counter remedies. Items such as acetaminophen, sea-sickness tablets, and aloe vera gel (for sunburns) are much more expensive in the islands.
- Be Flexible. Even though you may have the ideal itinerary mapped out, some factors are not possible to predict or control. For example, rain may put a damper on an afternoon of kayaking or tubing. The weather is usually very favorable, however, brief showers and thunderstorms may pass by. Your captain will work with you to make alternative plans but it’s always good to be prepared. There are activities to do on the yacht too, such as games and movies with the kids, wine and cheese tastings, or simply relaxing to the sound of the rain.
We hope you found this to be a Great BVI Yacht Vacation guide, see links below for more informative content regarding your next yacht charter in the BVI…
For a short guide to BVI charter vacation check out more here.