You’ll want to capture every detail of your luxury yacht charter to relive once you return home. In addition, you will also want to share all of your amazing adventures with your friends, family, and of course, social media. Most of all, you’ll want your photos to tell a story. From packing your bags, arriving at your yacht, and the final departure, be sure to catch all the special moments. Read on for tips on the ultimate BVI-vacation photo ops.
Types of Photos
First, let’s look at a few of the various types of photos you might take.
- Candids. Luckily, in the day of smart phones and digital cameras, you don’t have to worry about wasting film or waiting for photos to be developed. So snap away, and catch every moment of your friends and family enjoying the water, playing on the beach, and exploring. Use your camera’s burst mode to catch a series of images that you can later edit.
- Sunsets. The BVI has some of the most beautiful sunsets in the world.
- Underwater. The beauty of the BVI extends underwater. Capture the colorful marine life with an underwater camera.
- Action. Kids waterskiing? Dad kiteboarding? Use a GoPro or ask your captain to deploy a drone to record all the fun.
- Foods and drinks. Before digging in to that delicious dish or fancy tropical drink, snap a photo. You’ll have so many amazing meals and cocktails that you will want to remember each one. Try different angles and lighting and make sure the background is not cluttered. Take a lot of shots since you can always delete the ones you don’t want later.
- Landscape or seascape. Take pictures of the hilly and rugged terrain of the islands you visit.
- Portraits. First, determine the sun’s position. The time of day and position of the sun will make an impact on the mood of your photo. The golden hour, which is approximately an hour after sunrise and an hour before sunset, casts a diffused glow that is very flattering to the subject.
The Top 10 BVI Photo Ops
Now that we’ve established a few types of photos, let’s take a look at some of the outstanding places in the BVI where you can put your photo skills to good use.
Tortola, with its colorful architecture and stunning beaches, has an infinite amount of photo opportunities. As for beaches, Smuggler’s Cove, Cane Garden Bay, and Josiah’s Bay are just a few.
The Baths is an amazing location for photos. This collection of massive granite boulders, some as large as 40-feet in diameter, soft white sand beaches, and hidden grottoes are a photographer’s dream. Capture the natural beauty on its own or record the fun you and your friends have splashing, swimming, and snorkeling. The backdrop formed by the boulders, tunnels, arches, and tidal pools all make for spectacular photos. Look for hidden rooms, shafts of light, and interesting rock formations. It’s really difficult to take a bad picture in this beautiful setting.
This unspoiled island is drenched in color. Blue-green water, colorful coral reefs, brilliant white-sand beaches make you feel like you’ve stepped into a postcard.
North Sound, Virgin Gorda
The stunning backdrops of sunsets, yachts, and sailboats make North sound Virgin Gorda a prime spot for memorable photos.
White Bay, Jost Van Dyke
Not only can you document the fun at the Soggy Dollar Bar, but also the pristine beach and crystal clear water at White Bay.
Your Luxury Yacht
Since you will be spending a lot of time on your luxury yacht, make the most of the photo ops on board. Your cabin, the chef at work creating fabulous cuisine, family, and other passing yachts are just a few ideas.
Ultimate BVI-Vacation Photo Ops Key Takeaway
Most importantly, enjoy your time in the BVI. If you miss a photo or two, don’t worry. Making memories is always the most important part of a luxury yacht charter vacation.Contact us at 1-321-777-1707 or complete this form to discuss your vacation plans.