Eustatia Island is located in Eustatia Sound off the far northeastern coast of Virgin Gorda. This is a 30-acre privately-owned volcanic and somewhat hilly island. It is one of the most desired islands in the Caribbean and home to one of the region’s most exclusive resorts.
The word “Eustatia” is a Greek-derived word meaning, “good place to stay.” And it definitely IS a good place to stay. In fact, Islands Magazine listed it as one of the world’s top 20 most beautiful islands.
Eustatia Island is a great year-round destination although the most popular season is the wintertime until May. During that time you can enjoy a daily average of nine hours of sunshine and expect very little rainfall. What’s more, you will always feel a wonderful ocean breeze. Average daily temperatures are in the mid-seventies in the winter months and mid-eighties in the summertime. But do take the hurricane season, lasting from June 1st to November 30th, into consideration.
Places to See on Eustatia Island
- The Beach. The island has three pristine soft white sand beache. Eustatia’s size makes the entire island accessible by foot. The main beach on the south has one of the largest mature coconut palm plantations in the BVI. A smaller beach on the north side has calm waters that are ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Another beach on the southwest of the island is home to starfish, green, loggerhead, and hawksbill sea turtles.
Things to Do
Eustatia offers full private island access to up to 14 guests. This includes two dedicated hosts and two watersports instructors as well as local chefs to prepare outstanding culinary delights. Furthermore, you can experience:
- Glass bottom boat trips and deep-sea fishing excursions.
- Wind and Kite Surfing. Eustatia Island offers a broad collection of watersports equipment like two-person windsurfs and an assortment of hydrofoil kiteboards.
- Wake and Paddle Boarding. Ask the watersport instructor to show you some new wakeboard moves.
- Jet Skiing.
- Dive trips to various wrecks and reefs in the area.
- Snorkeling. You will find starfish, as well as green, loggerhead, and hawksbill turtles.
- Hiking and Bird Watching. You will see sea-gulls, frigate birds, boobies, doves, and hummingbirds. Several species of lizards might also cross your path.
Eustatia Island Resort provides your complete island experience by supporting you with a personal chef. Menus, specializing in locally sourced food, are tailor-made to you. From breakfast, lunch to unforgettable dinner on this Caribbean paradise, you are in charge of time and location as well.
Marina and Anchorages Eustatia Island
A flexible yacht to shore dock is present at the marina. It can accommodate yachts and boats up to 180 ft, 200 tons, and a maximum draft of up to 8 ft.