Would you like to make a big impact while on holiday in the BVI? You can. With a little bit of effort and a little extra space in your suitcase, you can make a difference in many lives in the British Virgin Islands. Pack for a purpose when traveling to the BVI and you just might change a life.
In 2017, two Cat 5 hurricanes (Irma and Maria) battered the islands within a two-week span. Then, as citizens were making progress rebuilding, the COVID pandemic shut down the islands as well as the world.
How you can help
The BVI Charter Yacht Society (CYS) is a proud member of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a small amount of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact on the lives of local children and families. Several BVI organizations participate in Pack For a Purpose. They are:
- PAW (Promoting Animal Welfare). A not-for-profit organization on Tortola, BVI that helps improve the living conditions for as many animals as possible within the BVI.
- Family Support Network (FSN) BVI. A non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to aid individuals, couples, and families affected by domestic violence.
- The Youth Empowerment Project (YEP). A non-profit organization that offers free after-school and holiday programs for youth ages 8-16 yrs. They also offer support to families.
- Kids & the Sea Program (KATS) is a non-profit organization that advocates water safety for kids. Courses offered are KATSWIM and KATSAIL. KATSWIM teaches children from ages 4 through 15 years old how to be water safe. Classes are affordable for all. No one is turned away!
BVI Packing List: Needed Supplies
The Family Support Network and the Youth Empowerment Program both need items such as:
- school supplies
- children’s socks and underwear
- personal grooming items like combs, brushes, toothpaste, and toothbrushes
- medications such as Comfortis tablets (flea medicine); Droontal or Nemex Dewormer
- dog and puppy shampoo
- leads and collars (new or gently used)
- puppy training pads, and soft-sided dog carriers (airline approved)
For the KATS Program:
- Swim caps
- Sinking dive sticks
For a complete list, click this link.
So, while you plan what to pack for your trip to the BVI, consider bringing a little extra to help those in need. For more information, please call CKIM Group at 321-777-1707.Contact us at 1-321-777-1707 or complete this form to discuss your vacation plans.