The Nanny Cay Resort and Marina in Tortola hosted the 2021 Charter Yacht Society Boat Show November 3-6. Over 100 charter brokers attended the event which included yacht inspections, themed cooking competitions, and seminars. Although there were just nine yachts present at the charter show, another 7 yachts, and their crews attended virtually.
Cocktails and Canapes Competition
- The winner for best canape went to Tara Phelan of 62-foot Privilege Alliauura sailing catamaran ELYSIUM. Runner up was Chef Tyler Dawson of sailing catamaran Privilege 64 SEGUNDO VIENTO.
- Chef Tara of Elysium has a herb garden onboard Elysium and shares gardening tips with other yacht chefs.
- For the best cocktail, Captain Graham Gips from 44-foot Fountaine Pajot ALLENDE took home first place. Captain Jeff Nichols from 58-foot Fountaine Pajot PORT TO VINO was runner up. Allende will be in Maine for its last charter season summer 2021.
- Additionally, Best Cocktail and Canape team award went to Chef Tara Phelan and Captain Matt Mullins of ELYSIUM.
BVI Yacht Show: Best In Show
- For the yachts, SEGUNDO VIENTO received first place and ALLENDE was runner up.
Share Our World Award
- Last but not least, the Addison SHARE OUR WORLD Award went to Graham and Kristiann Gips of ALLENDE.
The Charter Yacht Society (CYS) is a registered non-profit organization that began in 1982 by independent owners of crewed charter boats based in the BVI. In fact, it is the only BVI government-recognized body within the crewed yacht industry.Contact us at 1-321-777-1707 or complete this form to discuss your vacation plans.